Sunday, June 10, 2007

On Wiitis

A new phenomenon called Wiitis has apparently made its way into people's homes who own a Wii. As someone who one day hopes to own a Wii I can't help but be a little scared at the prospect:


'If a player gets too engrossed, he may 'play tennis' for many hours,' wrote Bonis, a physician with Spain's Biomedical Informatics Research Group. 'Unlike in the real sport, physical strength and endurance are not limiting factors.


AND

'Future games could involve different and unexpected groups of muscles,' he warned. 'Physicians should be aware that there may be multiple, possibly puzzling presentations of Wiiitis.'


But on the whole, the idea of these "symptoms" really being an issue is more amusing than terrifying. If I had known such little bits of hysteria would pop up on the internet, I would have long ago taken a picture of the giant muscular balls that have popped up under one of my friend's thumbs after literally years of playing on an N64 controller, or recorded more friend who had supposedly developed carpel tunnel or tendinitis from playing Dreamcast.

I myself could probably try to create a law suit against Apple for the sever pain in my fingers from typing. Let's face it. Electronics are trying to kill us. The Matrix was right!

No comments: